Personal Injury Attorney in Charlotte, NC
It only takes a moment for an accident to upend your life completely. Fortunately for injury victims, legal recourse is always available with the help of a skilled, compassionate personal injury attorney.
Let’s say you are walking up a dimly lit stairwell and you slip and fall because of a broken stair – the property owner or manager can be held accountable for their failure to maintain their property and prevent unseen hazards.
North Carolina follows the doctrine of contributory negligence. Per Chapter 1, Civil Procedure of the North Carolina General Assembly, victims have the right to seek compensation for injuries and losses when an accident occurred through no fault of their own.
But, what if opposing counsel claims contributory negligence? Here, if the opposing party can prove that you contributed to the accident in any way, even one percent, compensatory recovery is not an option. These are the type of complications that can arise in any personal injury case.
With a lawyer by your side, you can prove your accident should never have happened in the first place. That’s why it’s always incredibly helpful to at least schedule a consultation with a Charlotte, NC personal injury attorney from Edwards Injury Law to ensure you’re taking the right steps to build the strongest claim possible.
What Are the Common Types of Personal Injury Claims?
At Edwards Injury Law, a personal injury attorney can provide guidance and representation for numerous case types. Some of the most common claims we encounter include the following:
- Car Accidents. Car accidents are often the result of negligent acts like distracted driving, driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs, or poor vehicle maintenance. The injuries and consequences vary depending on the severity of the collision.
- Semi-Truck Accidents. Semi-truck accidents have the potential to be fatal – especially when a truck driver strikes a smaller car, truck, or SUV. There is also the potential for multi-vehicle accidents, particularly on roadways with higher speed limits like interstates.
- Bus Accidents. Public and private buses offer transportation opportunities for many. Unfortunately, bus accidents can result in mass injuries. We can help you hold the negligent party accountable.
- Uber and Lyft Accidents. Rideshare services are popular in the Charlotte area. While Uber and Lyft offer quick, cost-efficient rides, there is the risk of an accident. Pursuing a claim against a rideshare company is often complicated, which is why it is essential to consider working with an attorney.
- Motorcycle Accidents. Motorcyclists are at risk for severe or even fatal injuries when struck by a larger vehicle. Depending on the circumstances of the crash, the truck driver or the trucking company may be held accountable.
- Bicycle Accidents. While bicycles offer a healthy, environmentally-friendly mode of transportation, there is the risk of serious injury when a car collides with cyclists. Fortunately, there are state laws in place to protect cyclists.
- Pedestrian Accidents. When a pedestrian is hit by a car, there is a significant risk of debilitating or fatal injuries. Injured parties or surviving family members have the right to take legal action.
- Wrongful Death. The loss of a loved one is always devastating. However, when the death could have been prevented, the surviving loved ones may have grounds to file a wrongful death claim.
- Drunk Driving Accidents. Getting behind the wheel under the influence of alcohol is not only negligent but is also illegal. If you have been involved in an accident with a drunk driver, we can help you pursue legal action to seek recovery.
- Slip and Fall. Property owners and managers have a legal responsibility to ensure their properties do not present unseen hazards to guests. If a broken stair or dimly lit hallways results in a slip and fall, the victim may sustain serious injuries.
- Negligent Security. Like businesses and apartment complexes, certain locations require security measures like cameras, special-access doors, or security guards. If someone is assaulted or injured because of negligent security features, the property owner may be held accountable.
The list above is by no means comprehensive. If you have been in an accident you do not see mentioned above, we still may be able to help. To learn about your legal rights and options, simply contact us to schedule a free consultation. We will review what you have been through and help you determine the best path to recovery.
How to Choose the Best Personal Injury Attorney for Your Claim
Personal injury is a unique area of law. When you seek guidance from an attorney, you want to ensure they are knowledgeable in tort law and specialize in the specific type of accident you were injured in. You will also want an attorney who sympathizes with you and takes the time to learn how they can best help you reach your goals.
Edwards Injury Law prides itself in taking on even the most complex personal injury cases. We understand the importance of holding a negligent party accountable for their actions. Our clients can rest assured that we are on their side as we work to problem solve and build the strongest possible claims on their behalf. Whether you choose to resolve your claim through negotiations and settlement or by filing a lawsuit, we will advocate for your recovery with our passion for justice.
We strive to empower our clients through transparent communication and cooperative planning. The claims process may seem intimidating at first, but we will gather the resources and information needed to make the process as easy as possible for you. This way, you can focus on what matters most to you – whether that be healing from your injuries, recovering financially from your accident, or getting back to work.
Get Help From Edwards Injury Law
If you have been injured in an accident, a Charlotte, NC personal injury lawyer from Edwards Injury Law is here to help. We are well-versed in personal injury law, and we embrace technology to provide our clients with the best possible representation. Whether you are using our Client Portal to get updates on your case anytime, day or night, or reviewing shared educational resources from our attorneys, we strive to explain all your legal rights and options. To learn more or get started on your claim, contact us today. We also serve clients in Concord, Gastonia, and Huntersville.