Car Accident Lawyer in Concord, NC
Cameron is an accomplished young professional who works as a manager of a major retail store. She enjoys her job, which allows her to support her children and spend the evenings completing coursework for an online university program. One day, as Cameron is traveling home from work, she is struck by a driver who ran a red light, leaving Cameron with a serious spinal cord injury. Now, she is no longer able to stand at work and is forced to withdraw from her educational program due to mounting medical bills.
Unfortunately, Cameron’s situation is not uncommon. Every year, thousands of Concord residents are involved in life-altering car accidents. At Edwards Injury Law, we are passionate about fighting for the rights of individuals who were injured due to the negligence of other drivers. As our client, we will empower you to once again prioritize your health, family, and career following an accident by ensuring that you receive the compensation you deserve. To learn more, consider contacting an experienced Concord car accident lawyer today.
Cabarrus County Car Accident Stats
As one of the top 10 most populated counties in North Carolina, there are nearly 200,000 vehicles registered in Cabarrus County. According to a report from the North Carolina Division of Motor Vehicles, approximately 6,000 car accidents occur in Cabarrus County every year, on average. Roughly 2,300 injuries and 20 fatalities were reported due to these accidents. The average cost per accident comes out to nearly $90,000, which includes damaged property, lost income, and medical expenses.
What Are the Most Common Types of Car Accidents in Cabarrus County?
Although accidents are less common in the Concord area compared to other North Carolina cities, these accidents are no less devastating to those involved. Some of the most common types of car accidents in Cabarrus County include:
- Head-on collisions
- Side impact accidents
- Fender benders
- Read-end collisions
- Hit and run accidents
Common Injuries Sustained in Car Accidents
In many situations, individuals involved in car accidents sustain serious injuries that alter the way they live and work. Injuries of the neck, head, and spine are particularly common during car accidents, resulting in movement restrictions, decreased cognitive capacity, and/or other disabling side effects. These injuries can be major, requiring medical attention, rehabilitative care, and time spent away from work.
What to Do After a Car Accident
After being involved in a car accident, you may be unsure of where to turn for help and what next steps to take. Ensuring your health and wellbeing after an accident is the most important priority. The first step should always be to seek medical attention for any injuries you sustained and to file a police report with your local law enforcement agency, if necessary. After your health and safety has been secured, you begin wondering whether compensation is available and, if so, how to initiate the process of filing a personal injury claim.
After a car accident, do not make a statement to insurance companies without your car accident lawyer present. Doing so can negatively impact the outcome of your claim, as insurance companies often try to reduce the settlement amount or dismiss the case altogether. They may attempt to take advantage of your vulnerability following an accident and offer you a lower settlement package than you deserve. Your Concord car accident lawyer will advocate on your behalf to ensure that you are provided with a full and fair settlement for your injuries and losses.
Choosing the Best Car Accident Lawyer for Me
The car accident lawyer that you choose to represent you during the claim process can have a major impact on the success of your case. Every lawyer is different, bringing different strategies, passions, and experience to the table. The right car accident lawyer for you will listen to your needs and expectations. They will act as a trusted advisor and confident negotiator, alleviating the burden of stress from you and ensuring that your claim is handled skillfully. Above all, the best car accident lawyer for you will understand your goals and priorities and will empower you to reorient those crucial aspects in your life.
When choosing a Concord car accident lawyer to represent your personal injury claim, it can be helpful to discuss the following matters with them during your initial consultation:
- Do they have experience handling claims similar to yours?
- Have they successfully negotiated settlements for other car accident victims?
- Does the law firm use a contingency fee structure, meaning they do not collect payment until they win your case?
- How will the lawyer communicate with you? Do they utilize technology to support their clients and handle cases efficiently?
- Do their core values align with your needs, expectations, and goals?
Car Accident Injury Claim Process
While the car accident injury claim process can seem complex, it does not need to feel intimidating. The process can be broken down into steps, which include:
- The Accident. Immediately after the accident occurs, ensure that you take photographic evidence of any damage to your vehicle as well as the immediate vicinity. Contact your local police department, especially when injuries have been sustained. Once you are free to leave the location of the accident, seek medical attention at your nearest clinic, hospital, or medical facility. Be sure to collect all documentation of your injuries and any treatment that you receive. This information will be important down the line.
- Filing a Claim. After receiving medical attention for your injuries, the claim process may be initiated through your insurance company. Remember, do not make a statement to your insurance provider without your Concord car accident lawyer. Before making a statement, contact your attorney to begin discussing your strategy and any next steps that must be taken to file a claim. It is also important to note that according to 1-52 of the North Carolina General Statutes, you have three years to file a personal injury claim after an accident. Waiting too long to take action after your accident can result in the inability to file a claim altogether.
- Settlement Negotiations. After filing a claim, your insurance company will investigate the accident to determine who was at fault. If you were found to be at fault for the accident, you may not be entitled to monetary compensation. If you were found not at fault, the insurance company will offer a settlement. It is no surprise that insurance companies will try to offer the lowest possible settlement amount for your injuries and losses. If your insurance company proposes an unfair settlement amount, your attorney can negotiate on your behalf to secure full and fair compensation.
- If full and fair compensation cannot be agreed upon, your attorney may file a lawsuit to bring your case to trial.
How Edwards Injury Law Will Help
If you or a loved one was involved in a car accident, you are likely overwhelmed, stressed, and unsure of where to turn for help. Perhaps you have medical bills piling up or you are unable to provide for your family in the same way you were able to before. Understanding this, we have centered our practice around empowering our clients and upholding justice for victims of car accidents.
As a premier black-owned, veteran-owned law firm, Edwards Injury Law has a history of service and is built for today’s challenge. Using technology, information, and our access to resources, we empower our clients to regain control of their lives following an accident. To begin your free consultation to see if we are the right fit for you, consider contacting our team of experienced Concord car accident lawyers today.